Here’s what you need to know about quota and credits, in the simplest possible terms:
- In order to use most QUIC.cloud services, you need quota.
- QUIC.cloud gives you free quota every month, but if you need more, you can buy it with credits.
- And if you need more credits, you can buy them with real money in the QUIC.cloud shop.
You can see the status of your quota usage and credit balance on the Summary screen of your dashboard.
NOTE: Quota is for use with QUIC.cloud’s WordPress Services. Bandwidth is for use with QUIC.cloud CDN. To learn more about bandwidth, see CDN Plans and Pricing. To learn more about quota, stay right here, and read on.
The following WordPress Optimization Services provided by QUIC.cloud require a domain to have quota in order to use them:
- Image Optimization (Fast Queue only. Standard Queue usage is free and unlimited.)
- Page Optimization (this includes Critical CSS and Unique CSS Generation)
- Low-Quality Image Placeholder Generation
Quota is a measurement of usage and usually refers to a number of requests or calculations. It is counted at the domain level.
Each domain is automatically given free quota each month for these services.
Example of Quota Usage
- Let’s say your
www.example.comdomain has a monthly free quota allowance of
1000requests for the Low-Quality Image Placeholder Generation (LQIP) service.
- On May 1st, you request LQIPs for 1220 images. The first 1000 requests will be processed, while the other 220 remain unprocessed in the queue.
- On June 1st, the domain quota will be refreshed and reset to
1000, the 220 remaining LQIP requests will be processed, and a quota of
780requests will be available for the remainder of June.
- On July 1st, the domain quota will be refreshed and reset to
If you don’t want to wait until June to process those last 220 images, you can apply credits from your credit balance to get more quota for the rest of May. (You can learn more about that in the Credits section below.)
How Quota is Determined
The amount of quota that a domain receives each month is determined by a tier system. The four tiers are based on the web server a domain uses, and are defined as follows:
- Basic (for domains running on Apache, nginx, or other non-LiteSpeed server)
- LiteSpeed (for domains running on a LiteSpeed server)
- LiteSpeed Enterprise (for domains that have paid for a LiteSpeed License)
- QUIC.cloud Partner (for domains that are hosted by QUIC.cloud Partners – COMING SOON.)
The lowest tier gets the least monthly quota, while the highest tier gets the most. Please visit the Online Services Pricing page for the most current quota allowance details for the WordPress optimization services.
Daily Limits on Free Quota Usage
Because free quota refreshes on the 1st of every month, there is often heavier-than-usual server usage at that time. In order to more fairly distribute the availability of services, we may from time-to-time enable daily usage limits.
These limits apply only to free quota and only to domains that have not purchased additional packages or pay-as-you-go quota for the month.
You will be able to see any daily limits in effect for your services, in an upcoming version of the LSCache plugin. It will appear on your LSCache plugin dashboard as shown in the image below.
Until then, if your services are not working, but you still have free quota remaining, the likely reason is that you have hit a daily limit. You can either wait until tomorrow for your services to start again, or you can purchase additional quota, which is not subjected to any limits.
Credits are an account-level currency and may be applied to the acquisition of additional quota for any service and any domain managed by the account.
Unlike free quota, credit balances do roll over at the end of the month. They never expire.
You can purchase credits in the QUIC.cloud store.
Once you have a credit balance, you can use the credits to purchase one-off Pay-As-You-Go quota boosts, or subscribe to additional monthly quota for certain services.
Can I transfer quota from one service to another?
Sorry, no. Quota is given per service, and you cannot transfer it from one service to another.
www.example.com uses up all
100 free Page Optimization requests, but still has
33 Image Optimization requests left, you can’t use any of that
33 for the Page Optimization services. You can only use it for the Image Optimization service.
Can I transfer quota from one domain to another?
Again, no. You cannot transfer quota between domains.
Example: If you have a second domain
www.example2.com with plenty of free quota left, you can’t share it with
www.example.com runs out.
You might want to consider this strategy for managing your credits so that transfers between domains are not necessary.
I ordered credits but I don’t see them in my account. What can I do?
When you purchased credits, you should have received an Order is Complete email. Inside that email is a link to view the status of your credits. Click the link. For more detailed instructions, please see Missing Credits After Order.
I ordered credits, but am still seeing a daily limit error. What can I do?
It’s possible the LiteSpeed Cache plugin is not seeing your purchased credits for some reason. There are two things you can try:
- Refresh your domain key: From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > General and press the Refresh Domain Key button.
- Sync your credit allowance: From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > Dashboard. Click the Refresh button next to the QUIC.cloud Service Usage Statistics section.
One or both of these measures should solve the problem.
If I don’t use all of my free quota, does it roll over?
Free quota does not roll over. At the beginning of each month, no matter how much the domain has or has not used, the free quota allowance resets.
If I don’t use all of my credit balance, does it roll over?
Yes! Credits are purchased in our store and are yours to keep. They never expire, and they roll over from month to month.